Description: The project manager role for the Transportation/Public Works Team is responsible for marketing/business development and work performance on multiple transportation/public works projects. Providing all necessary direction, supervision, coordination and follow-up on the work to ensure quality standards are met, efficiency levels are maintained and client satisfaction.
Duties: Oversees project design and development; monitors project schedules, budget and profitability; markets, and prepares and maintains a business development plan; completes project proposals; works closely with clients acting as client advocate and ensuring satisfaction; develops staffing plans and project fee estimates; maintains individual project chargeability/utilization at or above assigned goal level; trains, supervises, evaluates and mentors team members. Ability to work in a team environment is essential.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering and design with a focus on public works, roadway, and highway design
- Must have 6 or more years increasingly responsible supervisory experience
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related discipline and professional engineer (PE) registration required
- This position requires knowledge in computer software utilized in the transportation/public works industry, Highway/Roadway Design, Stormwater Design, InRoads Software, AutoCAD/MicroStation
- Must be familiar with local municipality, and Caltrans design and procedures, regulatory compliance and agency coordination
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.